In the last few years, there has been an outpouring of research refuting many of the claims of YB. Of course the Bhajanists are horrified and will not even acknowledge the existence of this information. Rather, when anyone points it out, the Bhajanists immediately refer to them as “haters”, “enviers” or “slanderers”. But they never, ever will discuss the facts. These people who go around saying “Satnam” (Truth is the Name of God) about every thirty seconds, show zero interest in truth when it is not to their liking.
What are some of these lies?
1. That YB was a master of KY at 16 years old.
2. That KY – as taught by YB – is an ancient science, thousands of years old.
3. That the “Adi Shakti Symbol” (known to Sikhs as the Nishan Sahib) is an ancient symbol which stands for the Divine Feminine
4. That YB was given the title of Siri Singh Sahib at the Akal Takhat.
5. That YB was a celibate Yogi.
6. That YB created 200,000 Sikhs of American descent.
A little surfing on the web and one can easily uncover this info. I will say again, 3HO was built on a web of lies. Anyone who is involved with KY and 3HO have a right to know this.
7. Yogi Bhajan….has left a legacy of hope (cynicism), inspiration (ruin and despair), and technology (quackery) for future generations and the upliftment of humanity (to provide himself with money, sex, and power).
8. Yogi Bhajan was..a deeply devoted Sikh, his inspiration and example motivated thousands to embrace the Sikh way of life. (He was New Age Hindu, and he trained a few hundred students in his way of life – New Age/Hinduism).
9. When he (Yogi Bhajan) was just eight years old he began his yogic training with an enlightened teacher, Sant Hazara Singh, who proclaimed him to be a Master of Kundalini Yoga when he was sixteen and a half. (All fabricated nonsence). Neither was Yogi Bhajan a qualified Yoga student nor was Sant Hazara Singh a Kundalini Yoga expert.
10. During the turmoil of partition in 1947, at the age of 18, he left his village of 7000 people, near what is Lahore Pakistan today, 325 miles on foot to safety in New Delhi, India. (Yes, YB traveled during partition into India from Pakistan, but he was not “the leader”, just another victim of partition.)
11. Breaking the centuries old tradition of secrecy surrounding the empowering science of Kundalini Yoga, he began teaching it publicly. (Lies, lies lies! Read: From Maharaj to Mahan Tantric)
12. In 1973, Yogi Bhajan founded 3HO SuperHealth, a remarkably successful drugless, drug rehabilitation program… In 1973 it distinguished itself as being in the top 10% of all treatment programs throughout the U.S. (3Ho SuperHealth was NOT a successful drug rehab program at all, quite the contrary).
13. He (Yogi Bhajan) became a trusted management consultant for 14 corporations worldwide, representing industries as diverse as health food manufacturing (KIIT-Golden Temple Foods), computer systems (Sun and Son), and security services (Akal Security).
(BUZZer! This statement is true! Yogi Bhajan was actually a “trusted management consultant” for Akal Security! THAT isn’t a lie! Rather it is a very scary truth.)
14. Yogi Bhajan earned his Ph.D.(from a known diploma mill “college”) with his dissertation titled “Communication: Liberation or Condemnation.” (Nope, YB didn’t earn it. X-Bhajanists remember that it was his student MSS Gurucharan Singh Khalsa who wrote YB’s thesis.)
15: The cause of (YB’s) death was complications due to heart failure. (Complications that included obesity, diabetes, kidney failure, and a sketchy E. Indian kidney transplant!). Ofcourse a Yoga Guru of his repute lived a very unhealthy lifestyle.
The greatest lies of the sons of daughters of Bhajan are the lies of omission. The open secrets, the things that they know and experienced, but never talk about.
1) YB had sex with his secretaries, and often the sex was violent, forced, and done to young women.
2) YB was awful in person to his students and would berate them with horrifying vulgar, sexist, racist, homophobic, and nasty verbal attacks and threats.
3) YB never did sadhana, never did yoga, and lived an incredibly unhealthy, un-yogic lifestyle.
4) YB was ruled by money and since money meant so much to him, he forced many Bhajanists to live in poverty, treated students with money much better than those without, and directly and indirectly led many of his students to engage in unethical and illegal activity to make and hand over the kind of money that would make him happy (for the moment).
And finally, on the topic of lies, St Augustine classified lies about religious teaching to be the worst kind of lies.
Yogi Bhajan told his followers to place this photo on an altar
Now deceased “Yogi Bhajan” (a.k.a. Harbhajan Singh Puri), a notorious guru and purported “cult leader,” was recently honored posthumously through a joint resolution of the United States Congress. Followers of the man who took the title “Siri Singh Sahib” (SSS) now boast that their dead leader shares the same honor bestowed upon Martin Luther King, Pope John Paul II and Mother Teresa reported Indian Express Newspapers.
This is just one more accolade arranged by diehard SSS devotees and the guru’s old political cronies since his death on October 6, 2004.
Bhajan was the founder and absolute leader of a relatively small group called the “Healthy, Happy Holy Organization” (3HO) based in the United States with a membership of a few thousand Americans that often took on Sikh names like “Singh,” “Khalsa” and wore white.
Prominent sociologist and Pulitzer Prize winner Richard Offshe stated in an affidavit that “3HO exhibits characteristics common to cult organizations.”
The well-scripted praise heaped upon Bhajan since his demise includes no less than a “presidential proclamation” by George W. Bush and flags ordered lowered to half-mast by the Governor of New Mexico Bill Richardson.
The resolution by congress cites the alleged cult leader’s “legendary compassion, wisdom, kindness, and courage.”
However, his former followers have less than glowing things to say about the dead guru. Many claim that 3HO exploited them and hurt their families. And some women have said that the guru’s attentions were less than spiritual. A former secretary once sued Bhajan for sexual harassment and gross misconduct.
Her lawsuit stated, “The method by which Bhajan induced others to follow him was to pose as a Yoga master and teacher, and then covertly subject yoga students to a process of mental and emotional conditioning in which their personalities are disrupted and ultimately destroyed.”
But lawsuits against Bhajan and/or his businesses were quietly settled and the guru lived a life of luxury, until his death last year at 75.
Harbahjan Sigh Puri (a.k.a. “Yogi Bhajan”) immigrated to the US in the 1970s and built a following amongst largely white, middle-class Americans. He started as a yoga teacher, but soon declared himself a religious leader. His idiosyncratic brand of religion was a blend of yoga, meditation and his quirky personal philosophy. And that composite belief system was frequently denounced and/or criticized by more mainstream and traditional Sikhs.
Over the years Bhajan put together a multi-million dollar financial empire, largely through the devotion, donations and hard work of his American followers. His business interests included AKAL Security, one of the largest private security companies in North America, which relied heavily upon government contracts. He also marketed teas, herbs and assorted health food.
In the 1980s SSS’s right hand man “Gurujot Singh Khalsa” (a.k.a. Robert Alvin Taylor) was criminally indicted for conspiring to import more than 1,000 pounds of marijuana into the US. He was subsequently sentenced to a term in federal prison.
Bhajan was also known for his astute political connections and New Mexico was his main sphere of influence. 3HO maintains a large compound near Espanola, NM where numerous programs and retreats are staged.
Governor Bill Richardson, a long-time political crony, once rushed in a state-owned helicopter to be on time for his appearance as a keynote speaker at an event within the guru’s ashram.
The House resolution honoring Yogi Bhajan sponsored by US Congressman Tom Udall of New Mexico passed by a voice-recorded vote of 405 to 0.
Reportedly 3HO has spread south from New Mexico to old Mexico, and has a following in that nation’s capital city.
Mexican devotees wear the typically white dress of Bhajan’s followers and practice his peculiar form of “Kundalini Yoga” reported India Abroad of Toronto.
SSS may be dead, but his multi-million dollar financial empire and old political cronies continue to live on. This can be seen not as a legacy of “legendary…courage,” but as the residue of collected political favors, business connections, continued proselytizing, real estate assets and plain old hard cash.